Monday 24 January 2011

OMG

I know I already posted this evening, but I just found out that bulimia actually slows down your metabolism...I'll copy and paste it..

"Well first of all. I am glad u cannot self induce anymore!! And why all of the lol's??" this really isnt a funny subject.. . U do not understand what u are getting into no matter what u think. I am in recovery right now. .Bulimia is hell.. It is a disease! It makes ur life hell. . You think u will lose weight from it? Well u wont. .Bulimia actually slows down your metabolism and makes u gain weight. .Not lose it.. And u will have heart problems.. Bad teeth. .The list goes on. "


"Vomiting does not make you lose weight. It rids yourself of the food but the nutrients and fats in the food have already been absorbed into your body so vomiting really does little. You could burn more calories walking across the room than vomiting."
 

If you're wondering what it was a reply to, it was this girl on a forum who can't purge anymore (I have been searching for solutions online).
I'm quite concerned. I thought that it was going to work. Since I am tearing my throat up, and probably not going to be able to lose any fucking weight from it, I think that this means that it will be very very little or no food from now on. Like the old days, bad times. But, I did lose a kg a week! I ate like under 100 calories a day, and did a binge (under 1000 calories) and laxatives on a saturday. 


I'm happy, I don't like purging. I do like to be able to eat though...


I also just found this:



Purging does NOT prevent weight gain

Purging isn’t effective at getting rid of calories, which is why most people suffering with bulimia end up gaining weight over time. Vomiting immediately after eating will only eliminate 50% of the calories consumed at best—and usually much less. This is because calorie absorption begins the moment you put food in the mouth. Laxatives and diuretics are even less effective. Laxatives get rid of only 10% of the calories eaten, and diuretics do nothing at all. You may weigh less after taking them, but that lower number on the scale is due to water loss, not true weight loss.


Right now, I feel like crying. 

I need to stop purging, and stop eating. Now.

Stay strong, much love xx


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the truth hurts but I'm glad you've resolved to stop purging. It's a hard road but it's a good one to go down.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's happy to hear that you are goig to try and stop purging. It might be one of if not the hardest thing u will ever have to do but you and your health is much more important.

    ReplyDelete